Wed January 24, 2018
- Stilton cheese rolling cancelled as 'no longer seen as cool' - Few people want to take part and no-one has come forward to put on the cheese-based race, organisers said.
- East of England Ambulance: Potential serious incidents investigated - The East of England Ambulance Service says an "unusually high number" of reports were made by staff.
- HMP Peterborough: Women's jail safety 'not sufficiently good' - Female inmates at HMP Peterborough "felt intimidated", inspectors found.
- 'Crime scene corral' for 13 stray horses near A47 - Police set up a makeshift "field" using crime scene tape to prevent the horses reaching the busy road.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.